ISO 26262: Functional Safety – Road Vehicles
Overview of Functional Safety for Road Vehicles
The course will make an overview of the applicable ISO 26262 standard for functional safety of E/E systems in the automotive domain.
The goal is to get an understanding of what is covered in the standard, and where to find what kind of information among the 10 parts of ISO26262. The participants will get an understanding of the mindset of the standard, including and understanding how to identify the need for risk reduction in the E/E systems. Furthermore, the participant should get a general understanding of how to achieve and assess risk reduction, including the implications on supplier/customer relations.
The course is suited both for managers and for engineers involved in automotive E/E systems.
Previous / Knowledge
No previous detailed knowledge needed.
Areas which will be covered are:
- Functional safety , relation to other standards
- Safety Integrity, risk reduction, ASIL
- Hazard analysis, safety goals
- Reference life cycle in 26262, standard Outlook
- Break-down of safety requirements through the life cycle
- Redundancy strategies
- ASIL level impact throughout the life cycle
- Implementation, responsibility, roles and assessments
- When activities not happens in an order according to the reference life cycle (SEooC)