MISRA C++: 2008
EUR 1550 (FI)
PRQA’s MISRA C++:2008 training course is designed to help you as a developer working with C++, to understand the rules and recommendations of the MISRA C++ standard with respect to the ISO C++ language.
The C++ language is widely used to develop applications in high cost of failure environments – although it wasn’t specifically designed for them. However it is possible to produce robust, high integrity C++ code when best practices are employed. We show you exactly how by exploring these best practices and by introducing techniques on how to enforce them.
During the course, we identify some of the ambiguous, poorly defined areas of the language that can cause serious problems. We explain the standard’s intent so you’ll gain a deeper insight. We explore why restrictions should be placed on the ISO C++ language standard in order to limit the flexibility it allows. You’ll discover how to minimise problems created either by compiler diversity, different programming styles, or confusing aspects of the language, and how to apply the MISRA guidelines to your development process.
Upon completion you’ll be armed with the expertise to produce MISRA compliant C++ code, and you’ll understand how adopting the MISRA standard provides enormous benefit.
- Purpose, overview and background of MISRA-C++
- Rationale and approach to guideline construction
- Practical aspects of rule application
- Good practice and defensive coding practices
- Topic-based guideline walk-through
- Language vulnerabilities
- Advanced guideline topics
- Improve understanding of C++
- Produce high quality, MISRA C++ compliant code
- Understand which areas of C++ are unsuitable and avoidable
- Avoid costly re-work and extended testing phases
- Appreciate and apply best practices in your development
- Appreciate and understand adoption and enforcement of coding
- Intended for experienced C++ developers
- Understand and appreciate the MISRA C++ guidelines
- Identifies and educates on ambiguous, undefined and unspecified areas of C++
- Course manual and exercises provided
- Certificate of achievement issued
- Both on and offsite training available standards