Python for testers
To be able to automate your tests it is becoming increasingly important to master Python. Many of the common test frame works use Python to program the tests. This course teaches the basics of Python and how to use it for test purposes in different kind of applications.
The course consists of theory mixed with practical exercises to put into practice the concepts taught.
On the first day, the basics of the language are shown. In the second, useful libraries are taught and the third one is dedicated to dealing with test scripts where we use frameworks like pytest and Robotest.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Software developers and testers responsible for the implementation and automating the testing of software applications and devices.
We also offer education On-Site, at your company – please ask! This course can be tailored to suit your particular applications and test environment.
COURSE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Although no prior knowledge of Python is required, it is important to have basic programming notions. No knowledge of any testing tool or deep testing experience is required.
- Why Software Testers need to learn Python?
- Introduction to Python
- Python 2 vs. Python 3
- Python Development environment
- Python Coding Guidelines
- Using the interactive Python shell
- Editing and starting Python scripts
- Basic data types, operators and expressions
- Conditional statements
- Loops: while and for loops
- Data types: Lists, Sets, Tuples and Dictionaries
- Modules and Packages
- High-lights of the Standard Library
- Functional and recursive functions
- File Handling
- Reading and writing text and binary files
- Error and Exception Handling
- Regular Expressions
- Generating test data
- Simple numeric data analysis
- Installing 3rd party libraries
- Libraries for data analysis: NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib
Python Test Frameworks
- Practical exercises:
- Robot Framework